Overseas Lodges - Big Sand Lake Lodge Manitoba Canada
Shoot: This is a 10% discounted package we have negotiated on your behalf.
Moose hunting takes place late ever September This lodge holds the largest Moose hunting territory in the whole of Canada exclusive to one operator. With spring bear hunts from. For Grizzly and Black bear this is a great opportunity to get that trip of a lifetime organised. This is true hunting the stalking the tracking and the calmness Nothing fuels the adrenaline like a 1700lb Bull Moose ploughing through the bush towards you until that moment you both meet eye to eye. Secondly the land and topography of a rugged landscape of the Canadian Sub-arctic sets a scene and engraves a memory on ones memory like none other. A peace you didn’t know still exists, and that your next step is made knowing no other living or dead human has walked here before. Bull Moose is of Trophy status here. The Fishing is for Trophy Pike to 30lb and Lake Trout over 50lb are not unusual.
What species on land
- What Species in Water
- Northern Pike
- Arctic Grayling
- Lake Trout
- September Start - Moose.
- March Start - Bear.
For guests who bring their own firearms into Canada, a confirmed Non-Res Firearm Declaration (form JUS 909 EF) will serve as a licence and registration
A 275 magnum 30-26 7mm ask for further information prior to booking.
A confirmed declaration costs $50.00 Canadian and is valid for up to 60 days.
For more information contact Canadian Firearms Office 1-800-731-4000 or visit their web site: www.cfc.gc.ca
Or email requests on Canadian.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can be discussed at the time and cost agreed.
- Gatwick Heathrow or Manchester Airport – Winnipeg Manitoba
- Provided as part of package.
Travel arrangements and Accommodation
- Provided at Hunting lodge part of package
Cost and Duration
The package does not include flights from UK.
It does Include:
- Taxes included (PST & GST)
- Shuttle service between airport and hotel by our representative.
- Round Trip air from Winnipeg to the lodge (distance525 miles one way).
- Home Cooked meals
- Shore lunch/Packed lunch.
- Accommodation is spacious comfortable log cabins.
- Custom designed boats 18ft with swivel seats and back rests.
- 40hp/4stroke outboards
- Guided evening fishing.
- If hunting all guiding and tracking.
- Regulations for hunters mean you must wear blaze orange hats and vests by law this includes archery hunters as well.
Other Important Information for this Trip
No more than 50lb in baggage weight and pack in a soft cover rucksack or travel bag this allows us to maximise space on the internal aircraft flights, over weight baggage will stay at Winnipeg our representative will store this for you.
Moose Hunting – What to bring.
Since the success of this hunt depends on your gear as well as your ability it is important to be well equipped, weather can be unpredictable AND CAN RANGE FROM SUNNY 60 DEGREES F TO –15-20 DEGREES F WITH SNOW AND ICE.
A suggested list is:
- A pair of top class hiking boots. Well broken in.
- Wool socks and thinner ones to wear under socks.
- Thermal underwear.
- Suitable waterproof and wind proof trousers layered preferably. Camouflaged please.
- Warm gloves (leather outer skin).
- Quality hat and stocking style cap.
- Blaze orange sleeveless vest.
- Light weight hunting jacket with hood as well.
- Personal items insect repellent etc.
- Sun Glasses.
- Film and Camera.
- Flashlight and spare batteries (a small one is sufficient).
- Rods w/20lb test (med Heavy Action) and tackle (large spoons and large flies, fast sink line through floating lines a 8/9 weight fly rod for Pike and a 9/10 weight for Lake trout ultra fast sink line with weighted front set up will do the job.
- NO HARD COVER SUITCASES PLEASE