Wild Game Bird Shooting in Kenya, Africa
Shoot: A superb opportunity to hunt the fastest game birds in the world testing your skills.
Hunting, early morning, we target sand grouse as they flight around and into water holes, followed by two or three walked up drives for yellow necks and Francolin. Returning to camp for brunch and afternoon of leisure, as the heat subsides we will have drives targeting Guinea fowl, and Yellow necks, which congregate along the dried up wadis, return to camp for shower and then drinks by the fire before a three-course dinner with wine. Overnight tented accommodation at Kiboko, this is a snap shot of a typical days hunt, but there are a variety of different offerings each day keeping you on your toes and developing your skills.
What species on land and description.
- Helmeted Guinea Fowl (you cannot believe these birds and difficulty).
- Vulterine Guinea Fowl (Huge and even more elusive).
- Yellow neck Francolin (Cross between a Pheasant and a French partridge but a stronger flier than either species).
- Francolin (A turbo charged English Partridge, very fast and agile).
- Four species of Dove (Faster than UK doves).
- Sand Grouse (Mainly taken fighting into water holes but also flushed during other drives. They are like a woodcock in flight and size).
- Quail, mainly in abundance during rainy season but resident Birds are picked up during other drives
- September and October then February and March
We have a selection of side by side’s, over and under which can be hired, you may bring your own weapon and this can be arranged and a suitable adjustment can be made to the overall price. Cartridges no 9’s for Dove, sand grouse, no 6’s for Francolin and no 4/5’s for Guinea fowl. A selection of each size will be provided for in the package cost, this includes 50 rounds per day after this a charge is made at local prices (cheap).
Trophy fees/Quotas per Day
- Guinea fowl/Francolin/Partridge/Spur fowl - (Total daily mixed bag = 20 per gun Per day).
- Sand Grouse – (20 per day per gun).
- Pigeon/Doves/Quail - (20 per day per gun).
- Most guns bag 80% of the daily quota.
- Kiboko Region, Kenya. 4 hours from Nairobi.
- Provided as part of package. With professional hunters.
Travel arrangements and Accommodation
Return Swiss Air flight from Heathrow - accommodation is traditional tented camp. Very comfortable large insect proof tents with toilet and shower attached. At the second camp we will set a fly camp still very comfortable but smaller tents.
Cost and Duration Requirements
The cost is based on a complete package from the time you take of from Heathrow to the time you return. Not included are gratuities, overnight accommodation in Nairobi prior to departure
Does not include Return Flights from Gatwick Heathrow Manchester and charter prices available on request.
- 7 day total cost based on 4 guns £1980.00 per person
- 7 day total cost based on 6 guns £1860.00 per person
- 5 day total cost based on 4 guns £1650.00 per person
- 5 day total cost based on 6 guns £1500.00 per person
- Medical evacuation insurance to Nairobi hospitals
- Hunting licences , wildlife service permits,
- All transportation.
- Full board.
- 50 cartridges per day.
Discount applies for members only ask for details.